Ephraim Elementary School Community Council Meeting
January 14, 2020– 3:30 PM
Ephraim Elementary Conference Room
Council members in attendance: Principal Gannon Jones Teacher: Billie Cox Parents: Stephanie Barton, Danni Larsen, Becky Woods, Andrew Bahlmann
Council members not in attendance:
The meeting took place at 3:30 p.m. in the Ephraim Elementary conference room.
- Welcome: Danni Larsen
- No current issues from previous meeting.
- Gannon: review of the Trust lands budget and up to date expenditures. No questions were generated.
- Rise Scores and our school’s Report Card was discussed.
- The topic of college readiness with this year’s crop of college students who have been through common core and I pad availability. Several interesting opinions and theories were mentioned.
- Rise Benchmarks and Interims discussion and purpose.
- Middle of Year DIBELS Benchmark overview. Rise testing in April.
- Portrait of a Graduate. Great insights with social communication and mental perseverance. A desire for a balance of education and empathy was expressed.
- Title 1 discussion. Paras, in-service, supply, textbook, and T1 Sub.
- Overview of funds estimated for next year. Numbers will be estimated in March.
- Angel Flight donations report. So much generosity!
- Andrew mentioned an idea of a minority brought to light in an assembly. Female pilot, African American Ballerina, or other such minorities teaching about their adventures and successes.