The Doors of GVMS were first opened to students in August of 1999
- Head Custodian (Ken Peterson) since 1999 and the building still looks new
- Advanced approximately 5,521 students since 1999
- Student to teacher ratio is approximately 25:1
- 2014 became 1:1 iPad school
- 2018-19 Students petitioned for the changing of the school mascot from a 'Monarch' Elk to a Bulldog
- 2018-19 School colors were changed to blue and white
- 2019-20 STEM program
GUNNISON VALLEY MIDDLE LEA SPECIFIC LICENSES 2021-2022
- This school employs individuals holding an LEA-specific educator license, license areas, and/or endorsements.
- The following designations or levels apply to educator licenses, license areas (i.e.-elementary, secondary, special education), and content endorsements (i.e.-mathematics, music, Spanish, social studies):
- Professional: The educator has completed an educator preparation program that includes content and pedagogical knowledge. The EPP program will be conducted at a university or in an alternate pathway supported by school districts/charters and the Utah State Board of Education.
- Associate: The educator is currently completing an educator preparation program but has not met all requirements for a Professional Educator License, license area, or endorsement. The educator is enrolled in a university-based or Local Education Agency (LEA)-based program. When the educator completes the program, they will have a professional level.
- LEA-Specific: The educator has not completed an educator preparation and is not currently enrolled in one
- As of 12/1/2021, this school employs educators with the following types of licensure:
- Professional License - 91%
- Associate License - 9%
- LEA-specific License - 0%
- Not USBE Qualified - 0%
- Individual educator credentials are public information and may be found here: https://cactus.schools.utah.gov/PersonSearch