Suicide Prevention Course for Teachers
The Utah State Board of Education requires Youth Suicide Prevention Training for Employees through CANVAS. The course is comprised of four modules:
1. Introduction to Suicide in Utah
2. Background Information on Suicide
3. Preventing and Responding to Suicide
4. Postvention as Prevention: How to Respond After a Suicide
1. Go to Suicide Prevention Training. This is an Utah State Board of Education (UBSE) Canvas Course. If you have only used your South Sanpete School District Canvas account and not a USBE account, then choose "I am a new user." Type in your email (not first name.last name).
2. You won't be asked to create a password at that moment. You will receive an email from Instructure, the creators of Canvas, that has you set up an account—including a password.
3. When you complete the course, please print out a copy of the training certificate for your records.
Successful completion of this course fulfills the two hour professional development on youth suicide training requirement in accordance with R277-620: Suicide Prevention Programs.