See right side of page.
Mon. Jan 14- Regular Day
Tues. Jan. 15-
- Girls Basketball @ S. Sevier @ 4:00 PM
- Wrestling: Home vs. Wayne( Weigh in at 5:30 PM- Varsity Only)
Wed. Jan 16-
- Boys Basketball: Home vs. South Sevier- Fr. starts at 4:00 PM ("Tourist" Themed)
Thurs. Jan 17- (See below for full schedule)
- Parent Teacher Conference ( NO SCHOOL) Teachers available from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm/ Break out sessions starting at 4:35- 6:45 PM/ Motivational speaker Ben Kjar 7 pm
- Foreign Figures concert 8-10 pm
- Girls Basketball: Away vs. North Sanpete (White out Themed)
Friday. Jan 18-
- Boys basketball: Home vs. North Sanpete ("Camo" Themed) Fr. starts at 4:00 PM
Sat. Jan 19-
- Boys Basketball: Fr/ Soph Tournament (Both Gyms)
- Senior Ball ( In the Noyes Building @ 8 PM, girls choice dance)
NO SCHOOL ON MONDAY!!! Martin Luther King Day
Thursday, January 17: PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
The schedule will be as follows:
1:00-3:30 - Teachers will be available
3:30-4:30 - Teacher Suicide Prevention Training -Teachers only (If necessary we can pull teachers to meet with parents. Please come to the office if this is the only time you can come.)
4:30-6:45 - Parent Information Breakout Sessions (See info below)
7:00-8:00 - Parent/Student Motivational Speaker Ben Kjar
8:00-10:00 - Foreign Figures Concert
It is going to be much different than in the past. Please plan accordingly and invite anyone you feel would benefit from attending. We especially invite you with your student to attend the breakout sessions. Also, please remember that if you have any questions about your student’s progress, please feel free to contact the teacher at any time.
Breakout sessions for parents/teachers/students. Sessions will be 25 minutes with 5 minute break time-select 4 to attend. Teachers will be available in their classrooms for Parent Teacher Conferences during this time as well. 4:30-6:45
- Planning your Future – MHS Counseling
- CTE Pathways – Mark Anderson-Vocational Tracks
- SafeUT App – Will Leavitt: SafeUT Central Utah Rep
- Digital Citizenship – Jody Anderson
- Juvenile Justice Services – Justin Zenger
- How to talk to your kids about suicide/mental health -Libby Hinkley
- GearUP - Tutoring/College Prep -
- Powerschool App-tracking student grades/attendance - Sonya Demill
Q&A with Mr. Henrie, answering questions about the new 5 by 5 schedule and any other information you need. This will be from 5:30-6:30 pm only.
Stand for Kind has put together a great evening for you and your family. Ben Kjar will kick off the night with his story of overcoming great trials/adversity to find success as an Olympic wrestler, followed by Foreign Figures in concert. Stand for Kind is also providing Amazon & Visa Gift cards as door prizes for those that attend the breakout sessions, and come to the speaker.
Please contact Ms. Thomas or Mr. Henrie if you have any questions about the evening.
As always, if you cannot attend, please feel free to contact any teacher at any time through their school email address.
You can also always contact the teachers by going to the Manti High School Website and going to the department which lists all their email addresses.
There will be three more Driver Ed. classes held at Manti High School this school year. The classes will start on Jan. 28, Mar. 18, and May 13. Classes begin at 6:00 am in the library. The class beginning May 13 will be held before and after school. One of the requirements for completing Driver Ed in the South Sanpete School District is attendance by parent and teen driver at a Zero Fatalities presentation. The last of these presentations for the year at Manti High School will be held on February 13 at 6:00.