Gunnison Valley Middle School
Steps to follow if your child is absent:
- Parent or guardian should call the school and inform the office of the absence. GVMS phone # 528-5337
- If no phone contact has been made the date of the absence, the parent or guardian must send a signed, dated note or phone call excusing their child when the child returns to school.
- A student will have one school day beyond his/her return to school to clear absences.
- If your student is absent 3 days they will need to bring a doctor's note to be excused.
1. Check in at the office when coming to school after the first bell has rung.
You will be given an admit to class.
2. Excused tardies must have a note from a parent or the parent needs to call
the school to excuse.
Students typically do better in school when they attend regularly and
Keep absences to a minimum.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.